Machine identification please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtree

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone identify this machine please. It belonged to a friends father who has died. He was a keen woodworker but no one else in the family knows what he used it for.

It's like a radial arm saw but the blade is static & is locked in place at 90' to the the carriage.
It has very fine adjustment wheels for dropping the whole saw carriage........it's puzzling me (hammer)

Picture 007.jpg
Picture 008.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 119
I've just had a thought.......I don't have the machine in front of me......does the whole saw come off the front of the arm & you simply turn it round........doh

It looks like a RAS with the blade rotated to a locked position, parallel to the fence for ripping.

Perhaps there is a lock release to rotate the blade back radial arm mode?

Jim

Its a radial arm saw with a ripping feature. There pretty lethal in rip mode AFAIK.

Adidat

I think it is a radial arm saw that's had the motor turned through 90º for ripping operations. I suspect that somewhere up in the yoke holding the motor, and under the arm, you'll find a lever or nut you can slacken to rotate the saw back to its cross cutting mode. You might even find another locking device that allows the motor to rotate so the saw arbor faces down- it might be you rotate the arm itself through 90° when the motor is set for cross cutting. The idea of this, if it's possible to do, would be to fit things like moulding heads, slitters, and sanding drums to work on edges and profiles. Of course, I could just be blowing smoke, but I don't think so.

If you do a Google Image search using the term "Eumenia radial arm saw", you'll find machines that seem, superficially at least, to be identical in appearance. Slainte.

It's a eumenia radial arm saw, no longer made. Usually a couple on eBay. Available in 300 or 600 mm versions I believe. I don't have one but nothing wrong with them

Mark

Back