BB plywood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinka

Established Member
Reaction score
Been sending emails out this morning asking about baltic birch ply at places local to me. Some haven't replied (yet), a few replied and said they didn't sell it, but I got one good reply. £25.50 plus VAT for an 8' x 4' x 6mm sheet to collect. Is that a good price, a bad price, or is it indifferent - as the actress said to the bishop?

Martin

martinka":3n1lrdei said:
Been sending emails out this morning asking about baltic birch ply at places local to me. Some haven't replied (yet), a few replied and said they didn't sell it, but I got one good reply. £25.50 plus VAT for an 8' x 4' x 6mm sheet to collect. Is that a good price, a bad price, or is it indifferent - as the actress said to the bishop?

Martin

Martin.

That is a fare price for a one off sheet if it is grade (A) quality. :wink:

I pay £24.26 +vat, per sheet if I purchase five or more at a time, over ten it would be a less again.

If I was to purchase a one off sheet it would be £33.34 +vat.

Take care.

Chris R.

Cheers, Chris, I just emailed to ask if it's the top quality. I've been doing some reading online and I was surprised how many different types and grades there are.

They will cut it into 4 pieces for a quid, which will save me taking my cordless jigsaw with me. :mrgreen:

Martin.

I got another email to say he quoted me for BB grade which is the best quality. It'll be £31.80, cut into 4 and collected, but it's also a 30 mile round trip. May as well make a day of it and nip into Bradford to the National Media Museum.

Cheers! :)

Sounds a fair price to me,That is about the same price that I pay.I must be fortunate that they cut the 8 ft x 4 ft into four pieces for nothing.

Bryan

Martin,

Have you tried Lawcris? They have always been pretty good when i have bought odd sheets from them. I dont use baltic birch ply, so cant comment on that though.

Mark

marcros":1y2i1a6e said:
Martin,

Have you tried Lawcris? They have always been pretty good when i have bought odd sheets from them. I dont use baltic birch ply, so cant comment on that though.

Mark

Mark, a pal who lives in Leeds was going to call in for me, but it never happened, and we haven't been out that way for months. I was told to try Arnold Laver as well. But it doesn't really matter now I can get it from this place in Liversedge, it's only 2 junctions along the M62 from me, maybe 15 to 20 minutes to get there. Takes me longer than that to get into Leeds.

Martin.

martinka":2ekiro2a said:

Martin
Morning all Martin that's a good price I cant remember what i last paid for a 6x4 sheet as I got six.
Please let us know how you get on and where from .

Geoff.

BB plywood info. I found a PDF on the James Latham website which has info which may or may not be useful to some.

http://www.lathamtimber.co.uk/InformationA.502.html

Click the 'Birch Plywood' (really? :) link to download the PDF. Depending on how your browser is set up, it might open in your browser.

There's also a price list from 2011 that might bring a bead of sweat to your brow for the top grade stuff

http://www.lathamtimber.co.uk/InformationA.473.html

You need to click the 'Panel Products Section' and the bit concerning us begins on page 81. The pdf actually begins at page 74.

There's a Lathams not too far from me should I ever want, or could afford, any B/BB grade ply.

Martin.

Latest posts

Back