Festool TS55 REQ recall - how does that affect the UK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shed9

establiSHED member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered (I did look), but are there any Festool TS55 owners who noticed the recall in the US?
Wondered why the recall is operating over there but not offered here In the UK.

I know people here are claiming to experience the same issue.

Am I worrying over nothing and are the reports of UK owners claiming the same problems just people looking to get a replaced saw or upgraded TS75?

Not had the problem with the sticking plunge with mine.

I don't think the depth gauge and bevel settings are as good as the old ts55.That's just something you get used to though.

To be honest, my saw has been faultless, but then I've not used it an awful lot yet.

Don't get me wrong, I have never regretted a festool purchase, just wondered how the same product could be classed as a problem on one continent but not on ours - surely they are made in the same base.

Is it down to Europe being less litigious than the US of A.

Been following this topic since the summer, but not experienced any problems with our saw. I was under the impression it was just a US recall.

Cheers Jim

jimmy rivers":3jmidqu0 said:
Been following this topic since the summer, but not experienced any problems with our saw. I was under the impression it was just a US recall.

Cheers Jim

I noticed it was a US/Canada recall only thing.

This kind of confuses me, its the same machine isn't it? They all come from the German factory for both markets.

Why is it deemed more dangerous to the Americans and Canooks, than for us?

Or is it the other way around, are the States more dangerous to Festool than the UK in terms of being taken to court.

Back