Musical leaf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinka

Established Member
Reaction score
No idea where I got the pattern. I printed it out what seems ages ago and just got around to cutting it. 10mm external ply.

Attachments

• P1040286s.jpg
    P1040286s.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 889
Very nice cutting Martin it looks like the Steve good pattern. Bob

Looks good. =D>
Im impressed with the work you turnout Martin.
Seems like you are doing something new virtually everyday.
Do you sell what you make or is it all just for the pleasure of making?

Martin you are a busy bee at the moment,now that is a excellent project and well cut out.The project that I have got on the table is a intricate pattern of Sheila Landry,I think that I am halfway through the FIRST one with two more to follow.I will post it when finished.

Bryan

Roughcut":2eu437i6 said:
Do you sell what you make or is it all just for the pleasure of making?

I do it for pleasure, but I give some away. I sent two portraits to Russia and a unicorn to Kalgoorlie in Australia, but the rest are just cluttering the house. I made eight farm animals for a request from someone on Freecycle for her nipper and she was so pleased with them she insisted in giving me a fiver towards the wood - it was against Freecycle rules, but I can't afford to refuse money. :D

Martin.

Another quality product from Martin's saw. Now that is a good exercise in scroll saw work and if anyone can cut that as good as you Martin then they have reached the standard required and the world is now their oyster. Well done, 10 out of 10.

Martin , are you sure that you buy scroll / fret saws saws and not then CNC / Plasma thingies :lol: :lol:

Super work with no let up in skill and always a little different . Very thoughtful .

I feel very privileged to be allowed to view the work of the members on here .
So please keep up the good work .

Hi Martin
Quick question, does the external ply have gaps in it? I can't find birch ply in my area and mdf is horrible to work with.
Regards
Brendan

Brendan, unfortunately it does have voids, but I have been lucky so far. I bought the ply from Wickes and went through the stack of sheets looking for voids in the edges and found one with only one void. If I get a void in the middle of a cut, I try to work round it by cutting it out altogether. If that doesn't work, well, a 6' x 3' sheet cost me about £7.50, so it doesn't cost much to throw a piece away. :) Actually, I've got my fingers crossed because I just started a loco which has, at a guess, around 250/300 internal cuts and I already hit one void, which I think I have managed to hide.

Martin

Latest posts

Back