SIP 01344 Planer thicknesser user manual needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterF

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone have a copy of the user manual for the SIP 01344 planer thicknesser? I've just bought one second hand that doesn't work and I need to get it running again. From reading around, it seems most likely to be the capacitor, but I don't have a clue where that's located or how to change it.
The problem is, when you press the on button, the switch gives out a loud buzzing noise while it is pressed in, but nothing happens - the switch doesn't seem to stay on and the motor doesn't start moving. I've checked it over and everything is running freely. I've also taken the switch apart, but it looks very clean inside and I can't see anything out of place. I know hardly anything about electrics, so I don't know how to check if anythings wrong with it.
Any help would be much appreciated!

I have a 01344 but no manual either but I downloaded one for a Metabo HC260 - it's essentially the same machine. You can also get a parts diagram of the machine from a quick search online, the capacitor is located close to the motor.

Sounds like it could very well be the capacitor ,open up the black box containing the wireing and its right there(round cylinder shape approx 3"-4" long and grey in colour although there are different colours as well ,dead easy to change only a couple of wires.A new capacitor cost me around £7.00 and took a couple of minutes to change. As Alan said manuals and parts lists etc are easily found with a quick search online.Hope you are up and running soon.

Regards

Mark

Hi to all. I think I have the same capacitor problem as here but the only one I've found is £60 from SIP! Does anyone know where to get one for £7 as mentioned above?

Thanks.

Wow this was a long time ago! It wasn't actually the capacitor in the end. The previous owner must have overloaded it as the switch contacts had welded themselves together. I just took it apart and got them to move freely again and it worked fine.

I think it is the cap this time tho, as it's bulging. Bear it in mind tho, in casse it's not

Back