No delivery from Maker's Mark

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel_n

Reaction score
Hi,

We ordered and payed for 100 marks from Vidi (at makers-marks co uk) in late June and were promised a delivery in early July, but we still haven't recieved anything. I have sent him 3 e-mails, asking about the delivery status. He answered the first and promised to deliver in a few days (this was mid July). I haven't recieved any reply to the other two e-mails. Does anyone have any phone number to Vidi, can't find any on his website. Have anyone else had problems with delivery or in any way have any information that can help me solve this situation?

Thanks in advance//Daniel

a quick google gets

Dec 14, 2007 - VIDI Visual Communication 1 Cross Lane, Kendal Cumbria LA9 5LB England, UK Tel/Fax: 01539 740 251. From abroad 0044 1539 740251

Nov 27, 2008 - VIDI Visual Communication 1 Cross Lane, Kendal Cumbria LA9 5LB England, UK Tel/Fax: 01539 740 251. From abroad: 0044 1539 740251

This guy at makers marks is a complete disaster when it comes to running a business and customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian":19bsq0om said:
This guy at makers marks is a complete disaster when it comes to running a business and customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can say that again!

To be fair, it's good stuff when it arrives, but what a hassle to get him to perform! Took months, but he banked the cheque first!

I'm running out, and I won't use him again, but are there any there any other makers of maker's plates out there?

We gave up too!... Every design we came up with was a no go...and the suggestions were essentially a complete redesign of the business logo / ID too far from the original 10+yrs design.

:roll:

At work, we use a company called west riding engravers. I am not sure quite what you are all after, but they produce identifying marks for a wide range of our components, with serial numbers on etc. Might be worth enquiring from them- sounds like the type of thing that they could do and desipte sounding small, they do a decent amount of stuff for us.

The rest of the markers have arrived now, after many e-mails. In total it took about 5,5 months to recieve the marks. We have recieved 110 marks (100 ordered) which is good, as about 6-7 were defect. The rest were fine. We are happy with the design, finish and price. We are very unhappy with the delivery time and we are even more disappointed with the extreme lack of reply and feedback from Vidi. For long periods he just stopped answering mails and no answering the phone either.

Back