old chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like these
aaron-tools.jpg

i missed that then :(

I think Aaron Hildick became Henry Taylor, who are still trading (and still use the Diamic name on their turning tools).

Nice case of chisels isn't it. I remember drooling over them at Kelham Island last summer. The Ken Hawley collection is worth a look if you're at all interested in tools. I remember buying small drills for model making from his shop as a lad. There was little he did not have in there somewhere.

Sheffield Tony":423wx60a said:
I think Aaron Hildick became Henry Taylor, who are still trading (and still use the Diamic name on their turning tools).

Hello,

The Diamic brand is also on some of their bench chisels, too. I have a set of firmer chisels, which are very good steel, but took a fair bit of fettling to get right. I think they are one of the very few makers who still do firmer chisels. I have a couple of swan neck mortice chisels, which have Diamic brand, if Henry Taylor still do these, and they definitely are Diamic bevel edged chisels. I would like to see if these are any good as new chisels, but I have so many, I cannot justify getting any. They might be very good, if the steel is the same as the farmers.

Mike.

Back