Burgess BBS-20 blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bofh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I got hold of an old Burgess the other week and would like to get a blade for it tomorrow, I see Toolstation do them but I can't seem to find a 57.5" blade on their site. Can anyone tell me if I can use a slightly different size or does it have to be 57.5. As you can see I'm no expert here :wink:

Wait a couple more days and get one of the best quality blades at a good price from Tuff saws.
Ian will sort you out with a blade to suit the work you are doing. You need the correct length and for that machine, a thinner guage of blade to suit the small wheels.

Believe me a quality blade will transform the behaviour of the saw.

Thanks guys, I'll take that advice an order something tomorrow :)

Don't forget to tell him what you plan to do with it, he has many different tooth configurations. Getting the appropriate one for the task in hand will save you a great deal of aggro.

Your need for a 57 1/2" blade for the BBS-20 bandsaw has been niggling me. I bought one of these back when I had to fight cavemen to get to the toolshop, early seventies I believe, less than thirty quid. When Burgess replaced the BBS-20 with the BK1, later BK11 and BK111, I had trouble getting hold of the correct blades. The later machines using slightly longer blades.
I have just unwrapped two blades from that period, both are 56 1/2". One , branded Burgess, states that it is for the BBS-20 MK11, BK2 & BK3. The other, branded Starrett, states that it is for BK1, 2 & 3. I can only imagine that BBS-20 MK11 is actually otherwise known as BK1. Ian, TuffSaws, may well have a definite length for these blades, if not then I would be inclinded to set the blade tensioner towards the lower end of its travel and measure with a piece of string. At that point you have the blade length, 'as long as a piece of string'. Just for interest please post the result of your findings.

xy

Back