A Good haul.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith 66

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought i would share with you a few finds!
From the bottom a Prestons spokeshave, i picked this up at a boat jumble 25 years ago, one of my favorite tools i use it regularly.
Next up a Stanley 030 block plane, i was at a scrap dealers yard a month ago & he had done a house clearance, it was in his light iron skip, needless to say i rescued it!
Also a Hearnshaw paring chisel (john bull brand) this one also in the light iron skip, handle destroyed by woodworm. I turned a new one out of a fine piece of boxwood.
To its left a record 071 router plane, also from the same scrap dealer, he was going to a boot fair this weekend & had a large crate of wooden planes, of course i had a look through & the record was in there. Also in there were the large wooden spokeshave & router plus the woodden plane.
I cant identify that one but its got a lignum vitae sole adjutable mouth & looks to be made from fruitwood of some kind.
Only id is an AE superimposed on the cap iron.
Any ideas as to what it is would be welcome.

Attachments

• old tools 2.jpg
    old tools 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,043
It's a bit hard to see your plane closely in the group shot but if you go to the EC Emmerich site here http://www.ecemmerich.com/ download their catalogue and look at page 11 you will see one very similar.

According to Salaman's dictionary of tools, the big wooden shave in the middle, with the plane-style iron and wedge would be a Jarvis shave if it has a concave sole or a Nelson shave if it has a flat sole. Both are wheelwright's tools.

Back