spares for a bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gd evening fella,s and galls

I am working on an estate at the moment, there is a young lad who attends to the woods,and has taken to turning,as he has an abundance of material, anyway he has scored himself a we electric bekum bandsaw with a knackerd blade guide where would you get spares?

your thoughts much appreciated

Metabo took over EB and continued most of their models. You can most probably get exact spares, BUT if it uses bearings (rollers), they are probably a standard metric size, and MUCH cheaper from a bearing supplier than a Metabo parts stockist. I was given a good tip, which is to get the sort with a rubber seal. My SIP had just the metal-cased variety and the previous owner upgraded them to sealed ones - they last much longer if sawdust is kept out.

Google "Powertool Spares" in Southampton. I'm fairly certain they're the Metabo spares people I've used in the past. There are lot of exploded drawings on their site, so even if the machine's model number isn't the same, you can probably find a Metabo equivalent with parts that will fit, just by browsing around a bit.

EB kit was well made and it's probably well worth spending a little time on.

Hope you get it sorted,

E. .

Speak to Alan Gurd at Lawson-HIS, also in Southampton. I found him to be really helpful with my getting bits for my old EB stuff. If the complete guide is knackered then it is a relatively expensive part to replace compared to the overall value of the saw. Around £50 from memory. If it's just the bearings then it's straightforward and you could use somebody like Bearing Boys to source a cheap replacement.

Back