Small hybrid box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinks

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, this is my second of Georges blanks I have had...the first one ended up as a kind of egg cup thing that really really didn't do the blank justice!! This is an attempt at a small box, its plain and simple and still probably does not do the blank justice but I tried!! The inside could do with polishing but the kit I have at the moment is just too big to fit so, for now, I have left it sanded. Critique away ladies and gents.

IMG_2399.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 751
Agree, that's really nice. Looks like a lovely box - what size is it please? Just trying to get a feeling for the scale of it.

its about 3 inches high and 2 inches across (ish I don't have a tape to hand) Its a burr elm/resin hybrid from a chap on here called George Watkins...excellent chap to deal with and he has some stunning blanks on his website!! I am sure he will be along soon to give more details!! As for photographing the inside that will have to wait until I am happy with the finish on it sorry lol

The blues in that resin are lovely, looks radiant and the deep contrast sets them up.

I've some small boxes to make here, I've also some eggcups to make - guess my better ones will become boxes ;o)

nice work btw :)

Back