Axminster Crown Guard coming in from the other side?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bawdseymatt

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to fit an overhead crown guard to my tablesaw and I'm looking at the trade series one from axminster.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-tr ... to-st-pp-1

Question is does it have to come in the from the right of the blade? For my workshop layout it would be great if it came in from the left. Might be a case of simply unbolting the guard from the arm and turning it round but it would be nice to find out without having to buy it first!

Alternatively has anyone seen just the crown guard for sale anywhere? I could then fabricate the arm myself. I know axminster does do one but I'd rather find a clear one.

Many Thanks
Matt

Hey thanks Mike,

That looks just the ticket! Going to have a really good look at the pictures now.

Matt

bawdseymatt":ofar99ah said:
I'm looking to fit an overhead crown guard to my tablesaw and I'm looking at the trade series one from axminster.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-tr ... to-st-pp-1

Question is does it have to come in the from the right of the blade? For my workshop layout it would be great if it came in from the left. Might be a case of simply unbolting the guard from the arm and turning it round but it would be nice to find out without having to buy it first!

Alternatively has anyone seen just the crown guard for sale anywhere? I could then fabricate the arm myself. I know axminster does do one but I'd rather find a clear one.

Many Thanks
Matt

If you still want to look at the Axy one, ring them on the sales number and ask for their technical people - they're really, really good at finding out answers to questions of that sort. I'm with you, by the way -- it is really hard to tell from the web site, and it's a product without any obvious link to a downloadable manual.

But Mike's one does look really good... :)

Back