Small footprint Table Saw with scoring blade Required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a table saw with a small footprint (1phase) that has a scoring blade facility? I use a lot of veneered/laminate material and am looking to move up from current tracksaw setups.

A proper panel saw is sadly not an option in this lifetime due to size so looking at something else economical with space.

No budget yet, still at looking stage so any suggestions considered. I've found a Felder K3 basic and a Startrite TS1/UK1 TS1 Table Saw. Anything else worth looking at?

There's currently a Felder on Ebay that would be a good shout, good length slider and better built than either of the saws you listed. It's single phase with a good size footprint. If it doesn't have a scorer fitted you can buy the scoring unit for about £250 from Felder if I recall correctly. I recently picked up the same saw and am smitten

The Hammer machines look ok, better than the Startrite but you have to factor in waiting times from Felder. Thats good about the Hammer/Felder machines is access to spares as you can replace pretty much anything and the options they have for retrofitting things like outriggers/dado tooling etc etc

I would suggest another alternative which is one of the few that meet your requirements of a small footprint with scoring saw blade and outrigger thrown in. The company is called OPP, they are based in the Czech Republic and the saw is called the OP 201. if you use Google Chrome and translate it will give you the web page in English. this is a CE approved saw available in single phase with a small footprint and really excellent, solid build quality. I saw one in the flesh when they used to be distributed by Southern Woodworking in the UK (No longer in business). I contacted them some time ago and their english is very good. As a mechanical engineer I cannot over emphasise the build quality of this saw, it is superb. As far as I can tell, it comes in at around £1500 including VAT, delivery would be extra but if you were interested, contact the factory direct. I did not go ahead with purchasing the saw at the time as my budget evaporated at the time and was instead used for family purposes! I have no connection with this company and if funds became available again, I would have no hesitation in purchasing one.
Regards
Nigel

Have you considered a secondhand SCM Si15 or 16? They are both 3ph, but it's not difficult to get either a transwave or add some inverters to run it off 1ph. They look big, but, when compared with the actual foot print of say the Startrite they are actually no bigger.

I've just bought a SCM Si15 which has a sliding table that's only the same size as the Saw bed but allows you (with the extension table mounted) to cross cutup to 50", so combined with the fence I can deal with most sheet material. The secorer retracts when not in use

Back