Time to put the fire back on ....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
...or was it ever off?

So I have in my diary that summer here on the Cumbrian/ Northumberland border was on April 23rd and 24th. It is now autumn and winter just a week or so away.

Christ, I hate this climate. I love the views. I love the people. But the weather? The bloody midges? And if they don't get you, the bloody flies will.

The fungal infections of plants that have never succumbed before. The crawling biting, insects that snigger at any attempt to repel them.

Nothing eats peonies. Nothing. Until you come up here and find that caterpillars drop out of the Goat Willows. No wonder the previous owners abandoned the vegetable garden. No wonder people don't garden up here.

Godforsaken part of the world. Worst decision of our life. Should have looked at the Northumbrian East coast.

Are the pubs open yet ?

Youre leaning against an open door there.
It was bad enough living in somerset with the rain and the wind.
Been here just coming up to 9 years now, never regretted one single day.

Not sure if I should gloat but hey, indoor temp with the windows open is 34. The pool is 32. havent seen rain since early May.

But it isnt perfect, oh no. My wife was a very keen gardener with flower beds and hanging baskets that won prizes. Here, flowers die within days, and weeds grow a foot a week. Cant work that out meself, but then again, I have always thought green painted tarmac to be really pretty.

it's been 12 degrees here at night...never know a mid summer this cold in my entire life, I think it's just a weird year for weather, definitely not known a July like this before in England.

Back