Spindle thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help please?

M33 3.5 headstock spindle threads.. are there more than one type ?

I think I once heard that Woodfast or Vicmarc m33 3.5 threads were somehow different from Uk m33 3.5 threads.

Vicmarc seem to offer three different m33 3.5 thread options .. UK, EU, US .. can anyone here explain this please ?

tia

Definitely not sure ...hence the question!

In your link though at the bottom it gives thread sizes near the bottom on the right ...different m33 3.5 codes for different regions .. though the column is headed power plug ..so you are probably right!

Pretty sure they're all the same. Not to be confused with Chuck specifications (back plates/inserts) for which there is quite a range depending on the specification of your lathes register and spindle nose dimensions (length in front of register). If you look at Axy's table for all their M33 chucks there's a fair few for different lathe types. I know because I have an old Woodfast.

I appreciate this isn't the same as the OP's question but it struck me that it might be worth inserting into a thread where de-confusing M33 specs is primary.

Back