Washing machines for a cold wash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all

I'm looking for a replacement for an AEG machine which does a cold wash. Not a cool wash, a cold wash.

Does anyone out there know if such machines still exist?

Cheers

Dave

Hello Malcolm

Done that, but I don't fancy spending hours / days searching for the place where the manufacturers have hidden the spec's on their glossy websites.

What I'm after really is someone with a knowledge of the business to give me a clue.

Cheers

Dave

Do you want the water to be cold all the time? Simple, disconnect the hot feed hose, take the back panel off and disconnect the heating element.

Do you want to be able to choose a cold only wash at certain times? Simple, put a switch in the heating element wire.

sunnybob":3s8hxy1f said:
Do you want the water to be cold all the time? Simple, disconnect the hot feed hose, take the back panel off and disconnect the heating element.

Do you want to be able to choose a cold only wash at certain times? Simple, put a switch in the heating element wire.
That's not going to work!!!
The programme will stall.
It is just possible to substitute the temperature sensor with a fixed resistor but it will depend on the type of sensor used.

20170519_081339.jpg

Sorry about the blur, I've got the shakes this morning.

Attachments

• 20170519_081339.jpg
    20170519_081339.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 895
sunnybob":230nc47v said:

Modern machines have only a cold inlet.

We've got one. No hot feed inlet, just a mains (cold) one. Takes ages to wash, 1 hour 9 mins for a 'family' wash but we see no real difference in cleanliness stuff it processes.

Sam

finneyb":2rjjzsr0 said:
Beko from Currys does Woollens at either cold or 40C .
The trouble is the definition of 'cold'. I've seen it described as 27 centigrade, which isn't cold in my book.

I went into our local Homemaker / Euronics and was told that they no longer make machines to do cold washes, , i.e. with water straight from the cold tap.

I might try changing the drain pump. For £20 it's worth a go.

Cheers

Dave

My hotpoint can adjust the temperature from 90,70,60,50,40,30,20 and off. It's a futura wmfg 741 if that helps.
Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Morning all.

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks Coley, you are right about the Hotpoint machine, so the woman in Homemaker was misinformed. I don't know if they sell Hotpoint products.

In the mean time I have been given instructions by the usual machine operator, SWMBO, not to touch it till she returns from a family visit. Fair enough I suppose. I wouldn't like her using my chisels :D

Cheers

Dave

We've got a siemens machine that has hot, cold, woollen, synthetics, rinse hold, variable spin speed, time delay, blah blah.

It was quite pricey, but it is a great machine. 8kg drum, so two full judo kits can go in, too. Synthetic cycle 40mins.

Only real problems - it doesn't load and unload itself and can't tell if the muppet of a missus has left a wad of tissues or a drain pump-blocking hair grip in a pocket (DAMHIK)

HTH

Greg

Back