Latest Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, so further to my last post, the workshop won over the power nap/senior moment!

Here is my latest box, pattern from the Scroll Saw and WoodWorking magazine mentioned in the discussion about UK/USA designs.

This was the only item in the magazine that I thought was worth making but it is quite pretty.

Phill
IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 940
I've got to say the box itself isn't my style, but I love the 3D flower. Presumably it's "just" two perpendicular axis cuts with the scroll saw and then sanding? for each individual leaf? Really really like it :)

Yup, that looks very nice Phill. As said before, that was about the only design that I liked out of the current mag. But as someone else posted above, not his taste. These things are clearly very much a matter of personal preference, no more no less.

Nice job.

AES

LancsRick":3bwb0zdf said:
I've got to say the box itself isn't my style, but I love the 3D flower. Presumably it's "just" two perpendicular axis cuts with the scroll saw and then sanding? for each individual leaf? Really really like it :)

Well it is a "girly" box so not my personal taste either but I know it will appeal to somebody.

As for the petals, yes that is exactly how they're made. Petal shape on one face of the wood and curved edge on the adjacent face then cut one face, leave everything in place, turn on its side and cut the other face.

Phill

Claymore":3p4w4b4a said:
Phill a bit off topic but did I see somewhere a painting of a Cheetah created by yourself? I was telling Ruth about ya (bet you ears were burning lol) and I couldn't remember where i saw the picture?

Cheers
Brian
ps She is very impressed with your flower box ya clever sod lol

Can't remember why but I think I posted it here once. Or it may have been one of our private emails/messages.

Anyway, here it is again. I think it got mentioned in reference to using a Wacom Pen because it was "painted" entirely within Photoshop.

Cheetah.jpg

The box is a pattern from this quarters Scroll saw and Woodworking magazine so I can't claim too much credit.

Phill

Attachments

• Cheetah.jpg
    Cheetah.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 813
Nice cheetah Phill.

But - "so I can't claim too much credit". But you CAN claim the credit for making it! Very nicely too.

AES

Back