Another bad day good day thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
There I was, sitting at my desk, minding my own business, when I heard an unpleasant noise outside. I went out to find my wing mirror in pieces all over the road. It regularly gets bent back but this time it was strewn across the road. Not a happy bunny.

But up the road I saw blue lights. The driver was following a police car, who saw it happen in their mirror. So I ran, yes, RAN (I can't remember the last time I could run), up the street to the police car.

"Is everything alright, Sir?"
"Not it's not!"
"I'll be with you in a minute, Sir."

I was fuming. I asked the driver they had pulled up if he knew what the speed limit was here. 30, he says. No it's not, it's 20. Nobody sees the signs.

I've lived here 35 years, it's not 20... blah, blah,blah.

So we walk to the 20 mph signs, he holds up his hands and promises to fix the problem.

Anyway, I have the details of the police officers, his name and house number, and a text message of an apology, which is an admission of guilt, I suppose.

I'm much better in the head now than I have been for years and then one episode like this and everything goes to pot in an instant.

And I've got a First Date tomorrow, the first for a very long time, which confirms my insanity.

So I am well naffed off that this has happened, but glad that the police officers were witnesses.

Life, eh?

I forgot to mention...

As we walked to the 20mph signs which he didn't believe existed, he got caught short and proceeded to pee against someone's wall.

I've never lived in such a neighbourhood :(

Not sure if it has changed, but I thought that police officers were not allowed to be witnesses to accidents as this would damage their impartiality

Thanks. It'll cost more to repair than the car is worth. Looks like he hit my neighbours car at the same time.
And tonight's date has cried off, for the second week running. I'm beginning to think she has datophobia.
Still, it's made me clean the house. But I have dinner for 2 here and my freezer is full. Anybody hungry?

Steve Maskery":38eejhtv said:
I've never lived in such a neighbourhood :(

It went downhill since you arrived :lol: :wink:

But you are not alone with problems with folks living nearby
And your immediate neighbours seem OK, so count your blessings DAMHIKT!

Cheeky!
Actually, according to my NDB1 neighbour, it's considerably better now than it used to be, apart from the massively increased traffic since they pedestrianised the town centre.

Last week a smackhead on a motorbike came off and smashed into a parked car. Seriously hurt but not life-threateningly so. Nothing will get done about it until a few people die.

I wasn't using the word "witness" in a court sense, I just meant that they saw it happen.

There is a scrap unit on ebay right now, same colour, even. He says he'll order it.

Years ago a car ran into the back of mine which was witnessed by a police constable in uniform. He refused to be involved even though I took his badge number - too much paperwork he said.
I wrote about him to the Chief Constable but never got a reply.
Thankfully the other driver admitted responsibility.

Rod

Good q Roger.
But I've had a text from him to say he has ordered the replacement I found on ebay. So, so far so good.
It transpires that he also scorped my neighbour's rear wing as well as knocking his mirror off, too.

Harbo":1m4cz17k said:
I wrote about him to the Chief Constable but never got a reply.
Rod

Write in to the Chief Constable to tell him you've moved area with your Firearms Licence and they don't half move quickly to check up on you.

Back