wooden plane making, New fore plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richarnold

Established Member
Reaction score
Slowly getting there with a right handed version of my early style fore plane in steamed beech with a walnut tote.
I will hopefully get this finished for folks to try out at our charity open day on the 4th of june

Is that a Peace iron? I think I can see the Eagle works logo above the namestamp, but it could also be a trick of the light.

Corneel":22vccwe1 said:
Is that a Peace iron? I think I can see the Eagle works logo above the namestamp, but it could also be a trick of the light.
Well spotted sir. they are both fitted with peace irons. I bought a number of them from a dealer. they were new, old stock, but unfortunately they were quite soft and had to be re hardened

richarnold":1q2jyzkk said:
Corneel":1q2jyzkk said:
Well spotted sir. they are both fitted with peace irons. I bought a number of them from a dealer. they were new, old stock, but unfortunately they were quite soft and had to be re hardened

I've go one too and was just inspecting it today.

Back