Boxwood smoother

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFrench

Established Member
Reaction score
Popped into an antiques fair yesterday on the way back from walking the dog. Never having been to one before I wasn't sure what to expect - mostly overpriced old lady trinkets and tat it turned out, but I did pick up 2 bargains:

20170416_141228
Record no7 stay set, much better nick than the other 7 I have. Got him down to £55 on that.

20170416_141155
Boxwood smoothing plane, by E dyer. Can't find anything about this maker online? Princely sum of £2.50. I nearly snapped his hand off!

You did well on those. In the US, I've never seen a SS record other than one arriving in a box from ebay.

Probably get the equivalent of 125 pounds for that plane here.

I was thinking 100 quid is a bit rich for that 07, but £55 is much more reasonable.

TFrench":4ja17jud said:
Boxwood smoothing plane, by E dyer. Can't find anything about this maker online? Princely sum of £2.50. I nearly snapped his hand off!
I need another coffin smoother like a hole in the head but at that price I'd have been reaching for my wallet before the words were out of his mouth! Nice one. Hope it's a good user for you.

The only other Boxwood #4 smoother I've seen is in the well known shop Bristol Designs, with a pricetag of £45 iirc, £2.50 is unbeleiveable.

Back