Kity Bestcombi 2000 Capacitor Issue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhenry

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I think I blew the starter capacitor in my Kity Bestcombi 2000 when using it earlier today. Effectively when I go to start the machine (in any of the three motor functions although it was the planer that I was using when the problem occurred) it just buzzes loudly with the relevant tool/blade moving a momentarily a couple of millimetres before stopping. I've not opened up the machine to have a look at it yet but wondered if anyone else had had the same poroblem and if so what parts you needed and where you got them go fix the issue?

Thanks

David

I have been trying to find the manual for mine with out any luck.
It does sound like capacitor failure but I didn't think they only had one, that's why I was looking for it.
I can open mine up tomorrow and have a look.

Pete

Thanks both. I have a scanned manual Pete but can't see any reference to a capacitor in it. If you need a copy of the manual let me have a note of your email address and I can forward it.

One thing I did think was odd was that I'd assumed that there would be a separate capacitor for each of the three motors although the fact that all three have stopped working/buzz makes we think they must share a single one.

Thanks

David

If there are three separate motors that all have the same problem, either you have a very bad power connection on your mains lead, or there must be a single capacitor inside the main switch box.
do you have a wiring diagram?

It only has one cap.

Kity run capactior by Racers, on Flickr

To get to it remove the big yellow cover, undo the screw in the middle of the selector knob a turn or two and slide it off, then the 4 big self tappers into the control box, I had to cut one cable tie to get it out, then the 4 screws in the cover and there it is.

Kity control box by Racers, on Flickr

And here is one on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Start-Run-Mot ... fresh=true

Just be careful with the big self tappers as you can easily strip the holes as I have found out!

Pete

That is an absolutely stupendous effort Pete - thanks! I'll get straight onto eBay and will hopefully be back up and running in only a few days.

Thanks again - you're a star

David

Back