H & S Issues - Spray Contact Adhesive

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikelad

Reaction score
Hi All

Was just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue:

Recently had a H & S visit :? They have informed me that I am no longer to use Webtack Clear Spray Adhesive due to the Flammable content and harmful contents. We have done our best to look for alternative but nothing coming back that the H & S will pass. All joiners we work along side in our area and beyond have told me that they use the same product, therefore I would be interested to know if anyone gone through the same and what products you use.

Thank you in advance for any assistance
Bikelad :)

Write a risk assessment for it, make sure you state the hierarchy of risk control was followed.

Thank you. That's what we are in the processing of doing. We are doing a badge test at the moment and have purchased the correct masks and filters for the product to reduce the risks. We will than take photos and put together with our risk assessment. Hopefully this will be good enough otherwise just completely at a loss.
Many Thanks Again

remember that PPE is the last line of defense, so do a review of currently available alternatives and give reasons for these not being suitable as well.
basically, can you elimate, substitute, control by engineering (ventiltion etc.), control with procedures of use and finally PPE.

What do you mean by H&S visit?
From whom?
What is their relationship with your company?
Anyone who says you can't use something and then just walks away is not doing their job

Contact the manufacturer directly. Explain the issue and ask them for their risk mitigation and safety documents. They should be very motivated to help

that should all be on the safety data sheet, freely available online, or at least it should be.

Back