Burning off the fuzzies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NazNomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just read on Arsebook that someone uses a blowtorch or a heatgun to burn the fuzzies off the back of their scrolling work.

Anyone here tried that before?

please refer to the sawdust thread for why this might not be the best approach. :)

no reason it won't work, but surely it depends on what you cut, MDF it should work fine, pine and such you might need more heat than you want.

I quite often burn off my fuzzies in the log burner, along with the rest of the piece :mrgreen: (hammer)

But from a serious answer point of view, I would have thought it would require a very careful approach to avoid burning the piece, even without setting it on fire completely. More trouble/risk (to the piece) than its worth I would have thought.

Sanding mop for me every time.

Phill

I posted about this a couple of years ago. I used to use a little propane soldering gun. You do need to be careful not to burn the wood, as Phill says, but it's not so critical if you aren't going to see the back of the item, as with most of the things I make. Mind you, they mostly end up on the fire anyway.

Back