Workshop Heaven, heaven; Screwfix, screwed!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a couple of problems with orders later. Workshop Heaven had a website problem that they fixed within 24 hours, there customer service people were excellent and really cared about the problem and despite my order been too late for that days despatch, they rushed it through and got it despatched. Great service.
Compare that to Screwfix who have twice on the bounce sent my order to a drop off point rather than my house. The driver said there was no one in, despite the fact I work from home and my 88 year old father-in-law never leaves the house but always answers the door. Plus we have a dog the barks it's head off when any vehicle comes in to the village. The driver never leaves a note to say that he has dropped the delivery elsewhere and Screwfix say their system doesn't flag up when a driver has dropped a delivery elsewhere so there's nothing they can do!! The only way I know where the delivery is is when I ring Screwfix to ask where my order.
The difference in attitude between the two customer service's was unbelievable.

Not about Screwfix but definitely about Workshop Heaven.
My son gave me a voucher for WH early in December but due to a family illness and bereavement, I hadn't managed to redeem it.
I went on-line today, put in my order, paid and only then realised that I hadn't mentioned the voucher (yes I'm a .).
I rang at 4.58 and was greeted by an understanding voice who was happy to amend the order and sort out PayPal. No problem, don't worry, no mention that it was my fault (which it was) - no attempt to get the extra business from the voucher you saying it was too late.
Not too many cheap tools on the site, but quality, good advice from Matthew and excellent customer service.

I received four planer thicknessers from Screwfix for Christmas. The first three were rejected, the fourth seems OK at the moment.
The staff at the branch were absolutely excellent, no lip curling or reluctance to help at any stage. I was very pleased with the people.

monkeybiter":2y3vguj8 said:
I received four planer thicknessers from Screwfix for Christmas. The first three were rejected, the fourth seems OK at the moment.
The staff at the branch were absolutely excellent, no lip curling or reluctance to help at any stage. I was very pleased with the people.

I must say the Screwfix staff weren't off with me and were apologetic, just not helpful and blaming the fault on the system, but it's THEIR system!!

Froggy":2d1qss0k said:
monkeybiter":2d1qss0k said:

I must say the Screwfix staff weren't off with me and were apologetic, just not helpful and blaming the fault on the system, but it's THEIR system!!

Definitely a Screwfix problem but it's because they use several different couriers, some worse than others and of course much depends on the attitude of individual drivers.

I had a few problems with them in the early days, before they were swallowed up by the big boys, with one courier so I placed orders by phone on the express condition they did not use that courier or I would cancel. They listened and agreed though I doubt they will now.

Bob

Back