What motor is the original for a coronet no:3 need Help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaci

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for the name etc of the existing motor for this coronet no: 3. There are no markings or label on any of it so I need some where you start. On taking it apart the end where the fan is was stuck on so started from the other end when I managed to get the centre out everything flew out washers on the floor and I have no way of telling where the contactor fingers sit. Do they sit below the black plastic shroud or above ??? If any one has a photo that would be brilliant .
To the last post I have remove the bronze bearings and it was bone dry and oil tube was blocked at the bottom so I'm glad I did that.
Grant

I will be working on my lathe later on so will take some photos of my moto for you then. Hopefully it will be of some help

I have a CL 3 manual (post 1994, as it's CE marked etc.) if that's any use.

It is a 3 mb PDF, so may be too big to up load ?????

PM if you need it.

Argus":1to5caiv said:
I have a CL 3 manual (post 1994, as it's CE marked etc.) if that's any use.

It is a 3 mb PDF, so may be too big to up load ?????

PM if you need it.

He can view/download that from Records website.

4bc53f072349a99d3efa6f62b368b483.jpg

7438af90bf1eb0d0319213de0781f8a2.jpg

072559a34b8d411b0347a296f47ad602.jpg

Don't know if these are any use to you. I can't see a label on my motor and presume it's at the back out of reach.

That looks like my Brooks Griffon, 'cept mine is red! :D

I bought it in 1971. The motor has never blinked, and it still runs as smooth and quietly as it ever did.

John

dickm":1iy04ysj said:
Very likely to be a Gryphon, BW, but note that the CL3 has a flange mounting, not the foot mounted version of the Major.
But equally bullet proof.

D'you know Dick, I wondered about my spelling of Gryphon! :oops:

Latest posts

Back