measuring euro locks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
What's the norm for specifying measurements? I need a thumb turn, and it needs to 30mm/10mm/40mm - but everything I'm looking at gives 30mm/ 50mm, with no indication where the lever is or from which side they are measuring (I assume it's 30mm/10mm/40mm or the lever would be too close to the side :) ). It obviously matters with a thumb turn - on a thicker door it could be 50mm/10mm/40mm or 40mm/10mm/50mm. It's on Amazon so there doesn't appear to be a contact to ask.

The last few I bought were measured from the centre of the screw hole.
So on your measurements, ignoring the "10" in the middle, I would say you need a 35/45.
Some are listed as "40/50T. The "T" being the thumb turn end.
Hope that helps Phil.

Edit to add.
I bought from the Lock Shop Warehouse. They have all sorts and easy descriptions/sizing of the locks.

Thanks. I've found them on Amazon kite marked, bump snap pick proof, all the rest for less than £17 including six keys. Swmbo and I are having a battle of wits - she wants to go and a get three copies of an already copied key, and I cannot go out through that door, so would lock it and leave the key in the inside or pull it and consequently lose it because I don't need it to get in ... :?

Back