Spindle Moulder Fence Upgrade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
A while back Coley thought it would be nice if I could get some longer fingers for my spindle moulders fence. Through Alibaba I found out who the Chinese manufacturer of my Axminster spindle moulder was. I contacted them asking if they could supply me with longer finger sections. They referred me back to Axminster. They put an order in for me but I had to wait a while until they got there next container delivery.
Attached photos, thought members might find of interest.

I've read about and watched breaking through a spindle moulders false fence.
I attach a couple of photos from the HSE site. they appear to me to be breaking through a false fence into another piece of timber secured behind which has a plexiglass viewer. HSE don't seem to have a contact email so couldn't ask them. I've never seen breaking throught like this, or am I mistaken and they aren't breaking through?
Cheers.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 106
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 106
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 105
Thanks for posting the pictures. Those fingers going right across look superb ! Do they seem to stiffen up both fences ?

I'd say that's a really capable fence now.
Cheers

Coley

Those fingers going right across look superb ! Do they seem to stiffen up both fences ?

Yes, I'm pretty sure they have, lot more rigid. Though as you can see, not assembled the rest of the hood assembly.
Also ensures the fences perfectly line up with each other if not required to be off set sometimes like a router fence.
Peter Seftons spindle day course next Wednesday so I hope to learn a lot more about the machines safe use.
Thanks Coley and have a great Xmas :)

Back