Spindle Moulder Training Days Any One Been On Any Of These?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
I've contacted Peter Sefton to try and get a place on his spindle training day coming up on the 21st December.
I see Colin Searles, who worked with Roy Sutton for many years, Mr Searles does a one day spindle course for 1-3 students.
Also Warwickshire College, who did a YouTube spindle introduction. The college offers a , Safe use of the spindle moulder 1 day or bespoke training.
Then the Marc Fish furniture school in Brighton offer two days of training on the spindle.
Rodger Berwick offers spindle training.
Then lastly, Axminster have a one day course coming up in February.

I hope to have a place on Peter Seftons course and I would consider going on one or more other courses.
That said though, I wouldn't want to find myself just covering the same ground.
Has anyone been on any of the above, if so what did they think?
Cheers.

I have the roy Sutton spindle moulding DVD and think it is the mutts nuts. He was a clever man sadly no longer with us.

Yes, I have it too, thought was very good, nice old boy shame has gone. On the DVD was it just me, or did he have a wonky finger, work place injury?

I did the Colin Searles one day routing course which covered hand routing and using a router table.
I found all aspects of it very good (I had not used a router at all beforehand).

Check out if the course covers all of what you want.

Back