Where can I find MDF "beading" in the UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alias51

Reaction score
I want to make a few cabinet doors for my project.

I have cut 22mm MDF to size, and want to add some basic decoration. Some "beading" like the attached image would be nice - sort of a Victorian effect.

2016-12-04 12_59_34-mdf beading for cabinet doors - Google Search.png

Does anyone know where I can get this? I've spent hours searching but maybe I am googling the wrong thing - "MDF beading" comes up with beading for glass windows, whilst "architrave" gives me skirting boards.

I've been round B&Q and Wickes and can't find anything similar. Maybe I am going blind!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• 2016-12-04 12_59_34-mdf beading for cabinet doors - Google Search.png
    2016-12-04 12_59_34-mdf beading for cabinet doors - Google Search.png
    239.4 KB · Views: 94
I think what you are looking for is "moulding". Although you want it for MDF the mouldings will be made of solid wood. MDF simply would not be strong enough in such small sections. B&Q and Wickes keep it but it is expensive. If you have a router table it is cheaper to route a piece of timber and rip off in a table saw.

That is a panel bead, common in timber merchants if its quite small you will find them in merchants in a pigeon hole rack with various beads 2.4m long

Run some skirting or architrave through a table saw maybe? Bit of a waste though, better to run off some boards through a router table if you have one.

Back