Elektra Beckum 315 Blade Guide Upgrade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemsby

Established Member
Reaction score
I have repaired my trusty 315 blade guides more times than I can remember due to the metal fatigue of the cast components and as the machine suits my needs decided I would upgrade the guide assemblies. The additional benefits are a 3 bearing bottom assembly. The new upper guide assembly is now stable as it is bolted to the side of the new Aluminium extrusion rather the old assembly which was secured to the end of the extrusion with 2 self tapping screws. A full extra 20mm of cutting height.

All components were supplied including template to drill the only new hole required (6mm) to reposition the new lower assembly

There is a You tube video by J Carr & sons showing installation although I found it unnecessary to remove the bottom blade wheel. Also instead of just removing the top blade wheel I found it easier to remove the complete wheel assembly giving much better access for the removal/replacement of the Aluminium extrusion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kayZK98ikk

The total time for the replacement was only just over an hour, excluding the final set up

These guides give plenty of adjustment in all directions they only needed a quick fettle in some places with a needle file.

Although the adjustments are made using an Allen key, not the more popular fine adjustment screws the sliding actions of the bearing assemblies are quick & easy, enabling close running of the bearings to the blade.

For the price £65.00 and vast improvements against the original guides they are worth every penny. No more waiting for the next casting failure or fighting with the lower guide side bearing blocks.

Nice job. I use long reach ball ended T handle hex keys made by Bondhus for adjusting the guides on my bandsaw.

Back