fire and water kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not keen on the mix of grains , looks a bit tacky sorry

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

thick_mike":23ef54pv said:
The plug sockets on the sides of the island units look shonky.
Yeah I thought that too, not the best idea to do a close up of them in the video

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

That link and his other video were very good. Nice work. Price? No idea. I knew some folks who had a Smallbone kitchen which was silly money, and it was still made from veneered chipboard!

Solid walnut kitchen - it's an inheritance, literally.

Anyway thanks for sharing.

Andrew :)

Interesting, but I never thought I'd say this - there's too much wood grain! That wall of drawers with matching grains makes them look fake.

I'm not saying I'd say no to it, mind...

Hmm, how much for the cabinetry? 20k?

I like the burr larder. Too much consecutive veneer on the rest IMO.

Socket install doesn't look great, and right below the drip edge from the worktop too??

I'm sure the owner loves it and it's very well made, we are however a bunch of picky mofo's :D

No skills":21pvmteq said:
Hmm, how much for the cabinetry? 20k?

I suspect you are not even close on that estimate, this monstrosity by Johnny Grey was originally £200,000 about 15 years ago, looks like something out of the 70's

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

doctor Bob":27egell1 said:
this monstrosity by Johnny Grey was originally £200,000 about 15 years ago, looks like something out of the 70's

Most architects that I've met seem to idolise him, and I've heard from makers that his workshop is a fantastic place to work. You've got to admit, even if you don't care for his style he is pretty cool!

I bought three of Grey's books on Amazon (stupidly in one shot) when starting on planning my kitchen, because of that idolisation. What a load of ostentatious tacky rubbish - he's the Linley of kitchens - only anything because of aristo connections, nothing to do with taste. Didn't take anything new from it other than how ugly expensive wood/veener kitchens can be and an irritation with curves for the sake of making things look expensive to produce. The one point of substance he made over and over again was that work-surfaces need not be the same height or material for all tasks, but that was hardly new.

mmmh can't say I am a fan, the actual design is good, but I don't like the grain choice on the wood.

Distinterior":2n3d128a said:
As Doctor Bob said,......I doubt £20k would buy much of it. It may get you the appliances...????

I think the appliances would be about £25-30k, looks like a sub zero wine cooler, £8k there.

Back