Anyone got any good ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigs

Established Member
Reaction score
A pal of mine has an awkward sized space in his bedroom after an extension, 550 wide by 1350 deep (I'll get a photo up later) I've been thinking of some storage solutions and shelf/rail ideas for his clothes etc. But was hoping someone here would have some novel ideas

I did consider the pullout idea but there's a radiator in the way. So far I'm thinking a shelf with rail underneath and a small set of drawers on the floor, can't really think of anything else working

I have a similar if slightly larger space and was thinking about a pullout wardrobe solution. Has anyone who's done this before offer tips on construction and hardware?

I was looking at heavy duty drawer runners and thinking of a pullout larder style cupboard abut room space and radiator made it a no go. Google grawer runners and there's heaps. If it was practical to go with the pull out route if was thinking of wall mounting the runners if it helps

Get yourself or your mate on website pinterest and search for space saving ideas - there are some ingenious ones out there for pretty much any type of space you can have.

I'm still waiting for pictures of the space. It's a bit difficult to make anything other than random suggestions without seeing the problem...

550 is a decent width and I assume the radiator doesn't stick out too far, just pack the runners out from the wall (covered with an infill) and do a pullout that clears the radiator due being spaced away from the wall.
You could make the space (where you are packing out) a ironing board cupboard or wine rack.
Pictures would help.

Tbh I can't help much. Sorry. I thought from the title this was a thread for good ideas generally.
While I'm here I might as well chip in with my good idea.
I want to release a high strength beer called 'Responsibly' onto the market. That way all the other beer companies will have to ask the public nicely to drink my beer on their adverts. Guiness and that will have all their clever ads going, drink Guinness it will make you into a big strong ruby type or a black and white super cool surfer type fella or even a snail racing South American. But at the end of the advert they'll have to go, but by the way, Guinness is not all it's cracked up to be so please drink 'Responsibly' (TM) Cracked it.
By Law mind.
Even the NHS and the Government will be promoting my beer on every anti alcohol drive. How's that for 'genius' Guinness? Ya mugs.
With me? Excellent. I thought so. I'm after some initial start up investment so PM for a great opportunity with your bank details and the 3 numbers on the back of your credit card.

As to your space saving malarkey, I reckon I'd board it up and plaster it so to the untrained eye it looks like a wall. Then I'd use it to house a secret pub. You'd need a password, think lockins or the prohibition speakeasy. Your man could call out to the Mrs 'I'm just off out to my adult education class in "How to treat your betterhalf in the way she deserves to be treated" Night love. Don't stay up.'
Then, he's through the secret door like Batman. Tiny knees up in serene blissful peace follows. Just an idea. You could make him a tiny bar billiards set so that's Christmas presents sorted for this year.
It's a win win.
He'll probably be having some of my Responsibly on tap if he's a discerning drinker and follows Government Advice.

Bm101":2uojo8w3 said:
Tbh I can't help much. Sorry. I thought from the title this was a thread for good ideas generally.
While I'm here I might as well chip in with my good idea.
I want to release a high strength beer called 'Responsibly' onto the market. That way all the other beer companies will have to ask the public nicely to drink my beer on their adverts. Guiness and that will have all their clever ads going, drink Guinness it will make you into a big strong ruby type or a black and white super cool surfer type fella or even a snail racing South American. But at the end of the advert they'll have to go, but by the way, Guinness is not all it's cracked up to be so please drink 'Responsibly' (TM) Cracked it.
By Law mind.
Even the NHS and the Government will be promoting my beer on every anti alcohol drive. How's that for 'genius' Guinness? Ya mugs.
With me? Excellent. I thought so. I'm after some initial start up investment so PM for a great opportunity with your bank details and the 3 numbers on the back of your credit card.

As to your space saving malarkey, I reckon I'd board it up and plaster it so to the untrained eye it looks like a wall. Then I'd use it to house a secret pub. You'd need a password, think lockins or the prohibition speakeasy. Your man could call out to the Mrs 'I'm just off out to my adult education class in "How to treat your betterhalf in the way she deserves to be treated" Night love. Don't stay up.'
Then, he's through the secret door like Batman. Tiny knees up in serene blissful peace follows. Just an idea. You could make him a tiny bar billiards set so that's Christmas presents sorted for this year.
It's a win win.
He'll probably be having some of my Responsibly on tap if he's a discerning drinker and follows Government Advice.

love it :) :lol:

Back