Walnut Bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a rummage through my wood blanks and thought I would rough turn one of the Walnut ones. Turned the outside and did a moisture test and it was down to 12% so the log had been laying around longer than I thought, so I decided to turn to completion.
So here it is, size is 9" X 2"

DSCF6698_zpsbopadnu0.jpg

DSCF6703_zpsenq4cue3.jpg

DSCF6706_zpsoa7bg3rd.jpg

Sort of grabbed it by the Jugular and made a Royal good piece out of that (assuming it's English W. that is).

Nice to see the rim detail maintained and not sanded out.

Thank you both.

CHJ":1ghgoyet said:
Sort of grabbed it by the Jugular and made a Royal good piece out of that (assuming it's English W. that is).

Nice to see the rim detail maintained and not sanded out.

Yes this is home grown wood that is mainly what. Yes I agree as most people tend to get a bit over zealous with sanding to get a good finish and sand any detail away or round over what should be a sharp junction in the detail

Dalboy":vzbi4nyp said:
Stiggy":vzbi4nyp said:
Mmmmmm sexy!

:)

I have seen my work called many things but "Mmmmmm sexy" is not one of them :lol: :lol: :lol: , but thank you anyway

Sorry Derek, I just say it as I see it - plus I'd run out of my allotted adjectives that day!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great piece, like the solid look of it due to it not being fully hollowed out.

What do you use as a finish?

Back