I just don't get some company's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do businesses bother developing new products that you can't buy?
I have a commission for a small cabinet made entirely from solid surface material which is only 12mm thick, just as well with it being so heavy, any way I've finally found a hinge the will work in this application, the company that makes it just point you to their distributor network none of which stocks them as it's new and no demand.

Rant over!

That reminds me of kronospan mfc.

They send me lovely brochures showing heavy textured woodgrain. So I ring around suppliers to find prices only to discover that nobody stocks it, 'new range, no demand Sir'. I can order it, miniumum order 2 packs; about 50 sheets of 2800 x 2070!

The retailer may not see any demand so decides not to tie his money up in stock that may never sell , one of the stockists should be happy enough to order for you though .

300 hinges in a box, then there's the base plates, but I only want 4 of each...

That's the daft thing if they allowed the retailer to purchase say 20 at a time they may take the risk but 300 wow no retailer will want that many sitting on the shelf . Out interest what sort of price are they ?

Chrispy":1ah94xsh said:
300 hinges in a box, then there's the base plates, but I only want 4 of each...

Call up and ask them to send you four as a sample. You need to try them before you buy. :wink:

Back