thought I'd finally post some music of me playing guitar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was very nice Ben, thanks for posting. I enjoyed the JS Bach too.

BTW, I've never had either the courage or patience (or self-discipline) to learn to play any instrument (though at this late stage - 72! - I am trying to train my voice) so there's absolutely NO snide sarcasm intended, but I assume that the reason for the slower tempi was because you're still learning the pieces?

If so, then it's exactly the same as training the voice - e.g. in the choir I belong to we're doing "Hit the road Jack" as a comedy-ish piece for the next concert, and I, as a native English speaker have enough trouble getting some of the phrase sequences correct and in time - God knows how the native German, French, and Swiss members get on!

("Oh woman oh woman don't you treat me so mean. You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen." etc, etc). :D

Good fun though.

AES

thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate any listens.

@AES, yes the tempo was deliberately slow, the other reason I did it is to deliberatley distinguish it from other recordings and performances, although it may be just slightly too slow, when I play it live it is a bit faster than that. Then again I often think a lot of classical performances sound rushed.

I don't think it's too late to start learning an instrument even at 72! I've taught a guy in his 80s guitar before, it's always good fun singing, especially in a group of people, best of luck with your ray Charles piece.

Thanks Ben, but with banana fingers like mine, I think you're better off staying with the 80 year old!
:D
Anyway, as I said, I just don't have the discipline/application/whatever to learn.

AES

Back