Thieving B*******!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duncan A":343q8ys2 said:
At the end of the day, plastic window and door frames and glass will never stop a determined thief.
Unless you live in an actual castle, yes, they will get in. And whilst
an alarm system might go off, everyone will ignore it.

BugBear

bugbear":c0dtmr7h said:
Duncan A":c0dtmr7h said:
At the end of the day, plastic window and door frames and glass will never stop a determined thief.
Unless you live in an actual castle, yes, they will get in. And whilst
an alarm system might go off, everyone will ignore it.

BugBear

They don't ignore our alarm because if it is triggered it sends a message to Securitas who phone the home number. If that's not answered they phone my mobile and I have to give a password. If the motion sensors are triggered there is a flash camera that takes 5 flash photos. They are transmitted to the controller and from there to Securitas via the sim card in the controller. That means that no matter what the thugs do their photos and presents in the house is already out of their control. Nobody external will react because the siren is just above my head in the lounge and it's LOUD !!

I am nothing but a satisfied client of Securitas and will, when we move back to the U.K., get another alarm from them.

There's also a panic button on the little remote and they will phone straight away and ask for the password. If I am being held by thugs I give a second password to tell them I'm in trouble and they then phone the police to tell them!

It doesn't come for free. There's a monthly charge and that includes the annual servicing and battery change for all the units. I don't know yet how much that is in the U.K..

I have ordered some Yale high security locks from these guys for my daughters house:
www.lockandkey.co.uk

They have been despatched, same day, and I am expecting them tomorrow so can't comment on any thing else. They do locks with matching keys if required as well as additional keys. Prices much better than screw fix.

iNewbie":17rsrv6f said:
Duncan A":17rsrv6f said:
We've just had a door fitted with Ultion locks: http://www.ultion-lock.co.uk.
Not cheap, but they claim to be the bees knees.

Do you mean a complete door or just the lock - can't find a price on just a lock. Thanks.

It was a complete door. Upon receipt of the keys, I registered them with Ultion and can only get replacements or spares by quoting the correct details from the registered email address. I think the keys are about £15 each, only available from Ultion approved locksmiths; no idea what the locks actually cost.
Duncan

marcros":nv2whowj said:
sorry to hear that. I did a bit of research when we moved into the current house, and changed cylinders. I too was shocked at the speed and ease that cylinders could be snapped or bumped. I hope that you get everything sorted quickly- just be careful when it is replaced that you don't get targeted. A key safe secured somewhere out of easy access would be a good investment.

On the other hand, that might make them tempted to search the house for it. Some of these guys are serious criminals who have no moral scruples whatsoever. Unless you have the skill and means to defend yourself, I personally think leaving the keys out in the open would be a better bet, particularly if you have children in the house.

A car is just a lump of metal. A company car is just a lump of someone elses metal.

Burglary is an awful violation of privacy, but I think its one of those things where you take the basic precautions and hope they work, or, you take it to the next level, which may or may not work, depending on how much they want your car.

The most important thing is if theres going to be risk, is that its a risk to the burglars, not the householder.....

Duncan A":366r33op said:
iNewbie":366r33op said:
Duncan A":366r33op said:
We've just had a door fitted with Ultion locks: http://www.ultion-lock.co.uk.
Not cheap, but they claim to be the bees knees.

Do you mean a complete door or just the lock - can't find a price on just a lock. Thanks.

It was a complete door. Upon receipt of the keys, I registered them with Ultion and can only get replacements or spares by quoting the correct details from the registered email address. I think the keys are about £15 each, only available from Ultion approved locksmiths; no idea what the locks actually cost.
Duncan

I've got an idea they're around £40 for the barrel with 3 keys and spare keys are £15.

Scarily on Youtube there are locksmiths demonstrating unlocking Ultion barrels - well thats their job I guess. :shock:

My friend years ago moved into a shop that had a huge safe in the back office, unfortunately they didn't have the keys to it. He rung a locksmith who duly turned up, shepherded them out of the office, and a couple of minutes later let them back and presented the bill.
There was no back on the safe - they used it for another thirty years as it couldn't be moved.

Latest posts

Back