• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Thickness sander/drum sander DIY Made - wakefield Yorkshire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantbeat

Established Member
Reaction score
Need to clear some space in our shop as i have a large Flextol polishing machine coming in next week.

I didn't make this, i actually I bought this off marcros of this group a year or 2 back, its a great bit of kit for what it is, i bought it with the intention of using it to taper the ends of constructional veneers to make scarf joints, but it actual was mostly used for cleaning up reclaimed skirting & floor boards, its had very little use all in all & the motor is top quality continuous running item, i use the exact same on for my pedestal polisher.

i have changed a few bits on it since i bought it, the sanding drum has been velcro'd so changing paper is easier & quicker with fleeced back'd abrasives & it got painted, but the design is the same, i have the original plans that Mark gave me in PDF form these can be emailed to the buyer

has 1HP motor
table width is 450mm
max thickness is 29/30mm approx

needs new abrasive adding but other than that runs fine, is on casters so easily moved, has vac port at the top for dust extraction which works well with a good sized workshop vac, you just need to take it steady on the pace you push through.

collection from my workshop in Horbury nr Wakefield preferred, i don't have transport & it would be awkward to arrange delivery.

£150 would do the trick as the parts would cost you far more, i have 3 of the motors used in this machine in use around my worktop and they are £125 each

Attachments

• IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,670
  • IMG_0545.JPG
    IMG_0545.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,670
  • IMG_0544.JPG
    IMG_0544.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,669
  • IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,669
  • IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,671
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 1,671
  • IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,669
I am definitely interested but with the logistics of getting down to collect this I'm not sure I could offer your asking price. If £100 would be enough I could pick this up next week. I completely understand if you want to hold out for your asking price but if it doesn't sell then the offer will remain open.
Regards
Graham

Boatfixer":3d9zdze2 said:
I am definitely interested but with the logistics of getting down to collect this I'm not sure I could offer your asking price. If £100 would be enough I could pick this up next week. I completely understand if you want to hold out for your asking price but if it doesn't sell then the offer will remain open.
Regards
Graham

HI Graham, i have a couple of interested parties but no one local enough, £100 is a bit low for me so will look into the other parties options regarding delivery but may come back to you if that's unviable... pm me with when you would be able to collect

thanks
Gareth

Back