The 2016 hand tool open workshop Macmillan charity weekend.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richarnold

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks. Just to let everyone know we will be repeating the Macmillan charity handtool event again this year. The last two events have proved very popular, and raised well over £2500 for macmillan nurses. for those of you who have not been before, the general idea is that folks bring along any tools or other woodworking associated stuff that they may no longer have a use for and folks help themselves to whatever is useful to themselves, and hopefuly make a donation of their own choosing to the charity. Apart from all that there will be a number of tool enthusiasts present to offer advice on all things woody.Ther will be the usual displays of vintage tools by myself and others, and a chance to "have a go" with tools that you may not have had the oppertunity to try before We are hoping that some of the top makers of British hand tools will be present to show their wares this year. Olliver Sparks is a new plane maker you may have heard of and his workshop will be open for the week end.
The event will be over 2 days this year, and the dates are as follows- 4th and 5th of June. If you would like to attend could you pleas pm, or drop me an email at [email protected], so we have an idea of numbers. The workshops are between corby and Market harborough, and the post code is LE168FE
Here are a couple of shots of last years show to give you a flavour of what go's on

I went to this last year and had a great time!
It really was a superb event and for a worthwhile cause too!
Diary already cleared!

I don't plan to miss this and may go both days :lol:

phil.p":2gd0ijoc said:
606 mile round trip unfortunately is a bit too far. :(

You could have your annual summer holiday in um......... Kettering :? (with optional day trips to Corby :lol: )

I shall be there don't know which day yet but I will let you know.

Pete

I may have said this before, but for anyone who may be wavering, perhaps I can help...

Macmillan Cancer Care is a very worthy cause. I'm sure we all know someone whose life has been affected by cancer, and Macmillan do great job at helping when most needed. So it would make sense for all of us just to make a donation to them from time to time - but that's not fun.

What is fun is spending the whole day talking in person to friendly, like-minded cyber-friends, surrounded not just by Richard's amazing, educational collection of beautiful old tools, and with the opportunity to buy some new old tools for yourself, in exchange for that donation you were going to give anyway!

You may say that you have no room for more old tools - but that's no problem, as you can clear some out and take them with you, so you'll have a handy space to fill when you get back! It's a perfect system!

And for anyone still hesitating, I'm sure that, as in previous years, there will be plenty of excellent tea and cake throughout the day - so see you there! :lol: :lol:

I'm up for this Richard as we discussed before. Will you be popping over to the David Stanley auction at the end of this month again? If so we'll catch up then!

CStanford":aza6clbg said:
Are any forum participants featured in these photos?

Yes, but we're all shy... :oops:

Fortunately, this isn't one of those other social media sites where faces get automatically tagged and filed away like police mugshots!

I'm in the first picture, but not the second one.

Pete

AndyT":2a4ay5q8 said:
CStanford":2a4ay5q8 said:
Are any forum participants featured in these photos?

Yes, but we're all shy... :oops:

Fortunately, this isn't one of those other social media sites where faces get automatically tagged and filed away like police mugshots!

Andy,
I think this year you ought to make the effort to dress like your avitar. I was pretty disappointed in your appearance last year: :wink:

That's so close to me it'd be rude not to go! So long as it doesn't clash with our attempt on the welsh 3000's I'll be there!

I'm going to try to get there this year, will be interesting to meet up with people.

Is the prospective host OK in light of the Flooding in Market Harbrough?

Hello ladies, gents,

Thought I would chime in here briefly instead of just lurking all the time..

To those who came last year, a big thank you for helping Richard and Co. raise so much for such a wonderful cause. A pleasure to meet you all too!

This year I now have my very own unit (whoo!) almost directly opposite Richards, which I will also be opening for the weekend to further expand the venue and maybe demonstrate some plane making techniques, if we ever stop chatting to one another haha. Weather permitting there will also be a manned BBQ.

Like last year, I will also be donating a brand spanking new handmade OS,M. plane up for silent auction, so bring some pennies to get your bid on :wink: (hammer)

Cheers
Ollie

p.s Jelly, The shops are fine thank you, the units are located on a little rise so at worst we get giant puddles.

Back