The 2016 hand tool open workshop Macmillan charity weekend.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed it - learned a hell of a lot as well! Some absolutely incredible workmanship on display.

I had a great time, I did the twisty way down lots of country roads, got some air over a humped back bridge!
Lots of really nice stuff, Skelton saws, Olly Sparks planes, Bill Carters planes, Andy's fantastic collection of old stuff including a typewriter and a sock knitting machine.

Chatted to lots of nice people handled some fantastic tools, eat cake, what more could you want!

Thanks to Rich and his wife for the drinks cakes BBQ hosting etc.

My photos are here.

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/maddpet ... lds%202016

Pete

Possibly, I talked to loads of people, did you chat to a bloke with a big camera?

Pete

What a great day it was. Great people, great place. Lots of chat, lots to learn too.
Some familiar faces and some new ones too.
And I seem to have come home with some useful bits and pieces and one or two little challenges to keep me busy :wink:

Hearty thanks to Richard, Kate and all the others who pitched in to make the event a success.

Possibly Pete but there were a couple! Short hair by any chance? Did you chat to an enormous oaf with a shaven head?

Lovely to meet you Andy and thanks for tips on filing metal, although I was thrown somewhat by you coming in disguise; no tank top, shirt and tie! Have you had a look at that saw with the lovely handle yet?

memzey":1a1url9s said:
Possibly Pete but there were a couple! Short hair by any chance? Did you chat to an enormous oaf with a shaven head?

I do remember seeing you! Not easily overlooked are you ;-)
I do have short/missing hair and beard.

Pete

Ha - yes that's me! Great to have faces to go with the names that contribute so much here. I met Lurker for the first time as well who's a lovely bloke and took the time to show me a thing or two on bench top grinders. I'm looking forward to Richard updating us on how much was raised.

Well, that was a bit good wern't it 8)

Sorry for the late arrival and departure Richard :oops:
Special thanks to Kate and the Barbie crew for keeping me going in tea and munchies :D

Thanks to one and all =D>

Cheers
Andy

I can only echo the others
It was a great day out, not to be missed.
and all for a very good cause
Many thanks to Richard & Kate

Lol! No get together of woodworkers would be complete without one! At one point I took a look at one of Richard's chisels and innocently remarked "oh you hollow grind" to which he shot me a look that I interpreted as "I'm not getting into this" and said "yes"!

Hi folks.
Just a quick post to say a huge thank you for everyone who supported this event.
in cash alone over the two days we took about £1,100, and there has been donations of about £180 on the just giving site. we have also been auctioning off some items on the net that should bring in around another £500 or so. all in all it was a wonderful effort by you all.
Thankyou so much from a very tired, but happy Richard, and Kate

A very good day and well worth the trip from Hampshire. My thanks to Richard and Kate, and to Ollie, for your generosity, and to Sarah and Bill and Andy for very helpful discussions.

Mike

So Rich, any plans for this year, I have got the wife on board fro cake making/selling etc.

Pete

Back