Small Roubo Workbench WIP [Completed]

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread gave me the final impulse to start building a bench (sorry for the hijacking).

Here's a work-in-progress photo of the weekend

_MG_2672.png

By now, the base is glued and drawbored. I should mention that there's yet only one half of the top-to-be and it's only lying on the base, it's not yet fixed. AndI still need to acquire some more wood for the second half (it's going to be a split-top bench).

In order to not write the same all over again, feel free to read about my progress on my blog:

(shameless self promotion on:)
http://handtoolwoodworking.wordpress.com/
(shameless self promotion off)

Michael_I":2vxz4z1n said:
This thread gave me the final impulse to start building a bench (sorry for the hijacking).

Here's a work-in-progress photo of the weekend

_MG_2672.png

By now, the base is glued and drawbored. I should mention that there's yet only one half of the top-to-be and it's only lying on the base, it's not yet fixed. AndI still need to acquire some more wood for the second half (it's going to be a split-top bench).

In order to not write the same all over again, feel free to read about my progress on my blog:

(shameless self promotion on:)
http://handtoolwoodworking.wordpress.com/
(shameless self promotion off)

Hi Michael, welcome to the site. After 4 posts or so your URLs will not be blocked.

Boz - I just came across your thread and amazingly you have made almost exactly what I have been planning for a while....namely a small Roubo of about 5ft in length, with a single overhang incorporating a metal Record-style vice. I even plan to use Wonder Dogs rather than a tail vice, as my bench end sits up against a wall. Uncanny!

I should also add, it's a great WIP thread, and I really enjoyed following it (retrospectively). You've done a cracking job too!

What I wondered was....now that you've lived with it for a while....is this how you'd do it again? Are there any changes you'd make next time around? Or have you found it to be spot on? What do you like about it the best?

Cheers
Graeme

Thanks for sharing this Boz. More work has gone into the post than goes into some of my projects :wink:

Seriously, that's a great bench. Amazing attention to detail. Ypu've got me thinking it's about time I made my own bench.

Jon

Thanks for sharing this Boz. More work has gone into the post than goes into some of my projects :wink:

Seriously, that's a great bench. Amazing attention to detail. Ypu've got me thinking it's about time I made my own bench.

Jon

Latest posts

Back