Silver Birch Bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy43

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon Folks
This is a silver birch bowl that I rough turned some months back, got it finished this morning. its 260mm diameter x 85mm high, finish is food safe oil, c&c welcome.
cheers
Andy
sb3.jpg

sb2.jpg

Attachments

• sb3.jpg
    sb3.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,335
  • sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,335
Glad you managed to get a good finish from the Birch, and with some attractive colour ways to boot.
All samples I've had have been so soft and featureless that they didn't produce anything more constructive than tool practice and a bag full of shavings.

Nice bowl.

I agree what CHJ says about birch - I wonder if silver birch is significantly different to birch - it looks it.

Brian

i know i am repeating myself Andy but. A fantastic piece of wood Andy and you have done the right thing and kept it a simple flowing form well pulled off.

CHJ":3uehju6b said:
Glad you managed to get a good finish from the Birch, and with some attractive colour ways to boot.
All samples I've had have been so soft and featureless that they didn't produce anything more constructive than tool practice and a bag full of shavings.
Not turned silver birch before Chas, guess I was lucky finding this piece by the road side, must admit it was a pain to finish and I had to sand a lot more than normal

Back