Scheppach HMS260 Planer thicknesses.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleoldman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm a new member and this is my first post. Been making stuff with wood all my life and I'm getting on in age now. I'm hoping someone on the forum can help me. I have a Scheppach hms 260 planer thicknesser that I bought new in about 2000. For health reasons I stopped using it two years ago. Went to use it a few weeks ago and it has a few issues. What I need is a copy of the manual. Has anyone go such a copy that I can purchase? I remember the model being pretty popular, I am also happy to pay for a download. And if anyone has an old one that's past rebuilding I'm willing to buy it it or buy the parts I need. Thanks all.

Thanks I'm a little weary of that site as you have to post your credit card and details and whilst they offer a free 3 day offer, not sure if they will want regular payment. If you have experience of the site can you confirm they are ok.

Hi Nev, S&S only have the hms 260cl I need to be able to set the infeed table. The cl model has a completely different table set up. I don't mind paying, infact I'm so fed up searching I'm happy to pay!

Hello, I have the HMS planer/thicknesser and the manual. If you could PM me with your email address I will send you the relevant pages. The manual is not very good but better than nothing.

Alan.

Hi Alan, another member has given me a copy of the manual. So thanks but I'm ok. With gwaithcoed as your name ble iti'n byw? I'm in Llanelli and i'm hoping your close enough so I could have a look at the feed in table adjustment handle. Mine broke off and I would like to see how it works and the various washers they have fitted. I can't get a replacement so I have to make one. Just seen ty yn y gogledd, rhi bell. Would you be able to photograph the part and email me the photos?

Hi Alan, another member has given me a copy of the manual. So thanks but I'm ok. With gwaithcoed as your name ble iti'n byw? I'm in Llanelli and i'm hoping your close enough so I could have a look at the feed in table adjustment handle. Mine broke off and I would like to see how it works and the various washers they have fitted. I can't get a replacement so I have to make one. Just seen ty yn y gogledd, rhi bell. Would you be able to photograph the part and email me the photos?

P8190008.JPG
P8190010.JPG

P8190010.JPG

P8190011.JPG

Hello Littleoldman, Not Welsh but living in Wales for about 20 years I decided to take on the handle Gwaithcoed.

Hope these pictures help. Anything else needed PM me.

Alan.

Attachments

• P8190008.JPG
    P8190008.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 225
  • P8190010.JPG
    P8190010.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 94
  • P8190010.JPG
    P8190010.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 225
  • P8190011.JPG
    P8190011.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 223
Hello Littleoldman, Cannot seem to be able to send photos via your PM.

P8190015 - Copy.JPG

P8190025.JPG

P8190026.JPG

P8190027.JPG

P8190028.JPG

If you need any more information let me know, just happy to help

Alan

Attachments

• P8190015 - Copy.JPG
    P8190015 - Copy.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 209
  • P8190025.JPG
    P8190025.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 209
  • P8190026.JPG
    P8190026.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 208
  • P8190027.JPG
    P8190027.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 208
  • P8190028.JPG
    P8190028.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 208
Thanks Alan, that's what I wanted, I really have to work this out. I sort of understand it but armed with all the info I have had I'm going to sort it.
I would like to thank you all for the kindness and help I have had from all those that have replied to me. You are indeed a great group of woodworkers and I'm so glad I found your website. I just hope I can be of help to others here. Cheers to you all.

Just a quick update. Spent much of the day and have managed to set the planer. the little star handle I have fitted on the end instead of the original is pretty weak and doesn't adjust the table on it's own. I have to get beneath the infeed table and adjust it there but to be honest once it's set up it worked fine. I used the "Ax Deluxe Planer blade setting jig" to set the blades took no time at all. I was surprised that the tables were so flat to each other. then I set the fence to 90 degrees. It cut cleanly and square the first time, and it hasn't done that for a while. I haven't used the thicknesser yet so can't report on that. If it bothers me a lot I will make a nice wooden handle and use that but for the time being I'm delighted. Four or five days ago I was up an alley with no canoe or paddle a plea for help on this site and I'm fixed. Thanks to all the above and to Rob, you all made it work. I'm just waiting for someone to post a question that I can answer to return the favour.
John Lyn

The latest and probably last update. I contacted NMA Tools in the hope they had a new handle and some washers that I needed. I really didn't think I would get them. They contacted me Monday morning and were able to supply all the bits! Today Tuesday I got them and their on the planer so no more climbing under the planer I can adjust it as it was meant to be adjusted. The handle was under £12 and the washers under £2. Brilliant service and great prices, you cannot expect more. I know where to go for my Scheppach stuff from now on. Thanks to the team at NMA Tools.

Back