Roy Lichtenstein...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NazNomad

Established Member
Reaction score
A wooden tribute to my favourite artist.

100_8797a.jpg

Oh I say, that's a corker. What a brilliant idea. I love Roy Lichtenstein's work and your wooden example is brilliant. Well done.

Now then, let us in on how you created it. Particularly the layout.

Barry

Found a picture online.

Opened it in Photoshop and made is just under A4 size.

Drew round the 6 black parts and saved that as one image...

lich_01b_-_-black.jpg

Drew around the (26, I think) coloured parts and saved that as another image...

lich_01c_-_colours.jpg

Cut a ½'' background and painted it flesh. Cut / painted / stuck the black layer on. Ditto for the coloured layer.

Saved a few of the scrap parts and used them as spacers to get the eye & mouth in the right place, eyeballed the hair parts.

That looks amazing! Love the bright colours.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Scrolling by numbers! Even I could make that with that kind of help (possibly).
I like it.

Nice job

The first photo would do well in a pub quiz - they would never guess what it was.

Brian

Superb Naz! that really stands out and finishing is perfect. think your onto a winner there.......the technique would work well with loads of images.
You should flog them to tattoo parlours they love stuff like that on display as they do many tattoos in a similar style.
Cheers and what's next?

Brian

Like other posters, I think that those could sell very well. How many hours do you have in the project?

another beauty Naz ya might hate painting but you have done a great job again ya clever sod lol

Brian

I'm really liking these Naz. I just love the vibrancy of the colours.

On that subject you asked in another thread about dye/stains running into each other.

Looking at your construction it looks as though you colour the pieces before assembly. Surely if this is the case then that problem wouldn't arise.

Just one word of warning though, if you do decide to use spirit stain to colour your pieces before assembling don't try to use brush on spirit based sanding sealer or it will smudge the colours.

Regards

Phill

linkshouse":1u654ogf said:
On that subject you asked in another thread about dye/stains running into each other.

Looking at your construction it looks as though you colour the pieces before assembly. Surely if this is the case then that problem wouldn't arise.

I have a project I want to do where the backer is multi-coloured.

Latest posts

Back