jess-em router lift in to a kreg PRS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navypaul

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought you might like to see this, i recently went on a spending splurge and one of the things i bought was the Jess-em router lift from Rutlands and put it in my kreg 1040. The lift has the same dimensions as the kreg insert so that was not issue. The kreg uses the leveling plates which did not mate up with the mounting holes on the Jess-em. I remedied this by using the centering pins (dont know their actual name) to center the lift and hold it in place then unscrewing one leveler plate at a time from the table top and fasten it to the Jess-em then screwing the leveler plate back to the kreg table top. fits perfectly now.

no router fitted as yes as it comes pre drilled. i have a mak 2301 which is one of the routers it takes in its pre-drilled base plate but i want to use that one as a free hand one so am looking for a second hand or maybe the Hitachi mv12 they're pretty cheap.

initial impressions are that it is really good quality, there is no backlash in the mechanism and it is very smooth. Ill let you know when i mount a router and use it.

paul

Attachments

• DSC_0043a.jpg
    DSC_0043a.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 553
  • DSC_0041a.jpg
    DSC_0041a.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 553
Back