MORE PHISHING

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
I was concerend theis morning when I read an e-mail saying that my AppleID had been used by someone in Glasgow to purchase music from iTunes from a device not previously associated with my Apple ID.

Having contacted Applw , who checked my account and the order number on the purchase, said it was not genuine and no purchase had been made. Probably from someone trying to get the password changed.

I couldn't see how this e-mail would help them, but was satisfied that my ID was still secure.

Just thought I would mentioniot for any Apple members to avoid a panic attack.

This is it, but I did not access the link .

Hello

Your AppleID was just used to purchase "My Old Flame by Ella
Fitzgerald & Joe Pass - Price £0.99" from the iTunes Store
on a computer or device that had not previously been associated
with this AppleID.

This purchase was initiated from United Kingdom (Glasgow).

If you did not make this purchase, we recommend that you go
reactivate your account and update as usual .

You can update your AppleID simply by download,unzip and fill the
128 bit encryption zip file attached to e-mail.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Your sincerely,
Apple Security Department

These and similar mails are a dime a dozen, nothing special. It's easy to spot IMO.

First off most of these companies will never, ever contact you like this or make this type of request, and you can spot the bad english or bad swedish or bad finnish depending and the mails in general just have an off-look to them, it's obvious they tried to copy the style of the company but didn't get it right. And if you hover over the link you will see the URL and it's not the company's real URL.

Even if it's a rare and really good forging, enough to make you wonder, you can just type in the URL of the company manually and ignore the link, if you go to the regular URL and log in, you should be alerted to whatever it was that was important enough to mail you about. Though 99.9999% they won't mail you and it was a fake.

I sort out several daily at work and feed them to the spam filters bayesian engine.

Robbo3":3v380zg7 said:
OT
Benchwayze":3v380zg7 said:
'My Old Flame', Ella and Joe! Great track... I might have fallen for that one. Thanks Alex.

John :)

In that case you might like this.
- http://www.wimp.com/angelina-jordan/

At last... A vocalist who listens to the accompaniment! :D
What a shame there isn't the mass appeal among her own generation.

Thanks Robbo.

John

Back