The very last time

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've just decorated my hall,stairs and landing for the last time. How do I know ? because I'm 78 years old and there is no way that I will be painting 8 doors, door frames and god knows how many feet of 9 inch skirting board plus hanging 15 rolls of wallpaper ever again in my lifetime. I had written on the wall last time it was done and that was 10 years ago and even if I make it another 10 years I will not be thinking of decorating :D :D . I've left a few comment on the walls for whoever does it next and hoping they have a good day :evil: :evil:

Alan

When we were kids, we had a neighbour called Mrs. Patterson. One day my mum went round to see her and there she was, standing on the kitchen table painting the ceiling. She was 98 years old.

My grandfather in law was still decorating at 80, in fact he was also taking the shed apart to extend it (he was an ex Sapper so always tinkering) I'd pop round to help him as he was on so much Warfarin he'd only have to brush past a screw and he'd be bleeding all over, quite often find him with handkerchiefs gaffer taped around his hands!

An old workmate of mine at 86 did a forward 2 1/2 with pike down the stairs while painting the landing, glad to say he made a full recovery.

Pointless post this really, as it could happen at any age.

Good on you Alan. I am not far behind you, but owing to metal knees I can't kneel down (Or if I do, I can't get back up again!) So I am having to pay through the scnozzle, for decorating. Fortunately it's only emulsion on anaglypta from now on! New doors will do away with the need to paint.
As for woodwork, I am looking at the workshop, and wondering, how much longer I can go on at the bench too. Time to start making toys maybe? 8)

Hi Benchwayze. The paper Iv'e put on is anaglypta without any match. Much easier to fiddle about with in corners etc. My wife suggested we have anaglypta so that next time we (notice the WE) can just emulsion it. I said to her "god knows woman how many next times do you think there's going to be" :D :D :D

Alan.

gwaithcoed":3t30rjd3 said:
Hi Benchwayze. The paper Iv'e put on is anaglypta without any match. Much easier to fiddle about with in corners etc. My wife suggested we have anaglypta so that next time we (notice the WE) can just emulsion it. I said to her "god knows woman how many next times do you think there's going to be" :D :D :D

Alan.

Take all the "next times" you can get ! Once you decide to stop doing it all seizes up and then you can't (hammer)

Tom K wrote
[/Take all the "next times" you can get ! Once you decide to stop doing it all seizes up and then you can'tuote]

You're dead right there,I should be looking forward to there being a next time rather than thinking there may not be a next time. :oops: :oops:
Must get rid of negative attitude.

Thanks Alan.

I'm looking forward to receiving that birthday greeting from the Monarch. I shall be busy the next day framing the card! I can cope with that much labour! :lol:

Alan, I know your feeling and thinking, I've got the same situation arising only 7 internal doors, started using emulsion last year, but reckon another three rolls to go and if the kids don't like it they can come and do some decorating.

Back