Help with Fuji Mini Mite 3 with XPC gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skronk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought from forum member.

Turbine and hose fine. Gun leaking from fluid nozzle and joint between suction cup and lid.

Seller not sure of prob. Hence my question.

Anyone got any ideas ?

I'd check if the nozzle leak is actually coming from the nozzle hole (if so, needle not sealing - possibly bent/damaged tip or dirt trapped or spring omitted/broken) or coming from around the nozzle thread (tighten nozzle). Leak from cup most likely the rubber ring/gasket needs replacing.

Page 14 of the manualcontains some helpful guidance on both issues.

Mike.S":yz1orpir said:
I'd check if the nozzle leak is actually coming from the nozzle hole (if so, needle not sealing - possibly bent/damaged tip or dirt trapped or spring omitted/broken) or coming from around the nozzle thread (tighten nozzle). Leak from cup most likely the rubber ring/gasket needs replacing.

Page 14 of the manualcontains some helpful guidance on both issues.

Thanks but tried these already, but will try again tomorrow.

OK. Some after thoughts:

Nozzle: remove needle and nozzle and manually hold them together. Drizzle some fluid down needle/into the gap between the pair just to check if needle and nozzle are mating properly. If leak from nozzle hole appears then you 'know' one of the items is dirty/damaged. If no leak then spring/trigger/packing fault indicated. Any other air cap sets supplied? If so, might be worth checking that needle e.g. from 1mm set not inserted in nozzle for e.g. 1.4mm set.

Cup: Gravity or siphon? There's been several types and sizes of guns over th eyears. Might the wrong spare ring/gasket have been ordered/supplied?

Good luck and do post any solution.

I can only echo what has already been said, I have owned this gun, and have seen both issues, but they were caused by what has already been suggested, I find that the cup gasket needs replacing fairly frequently or the leak reappears, have you fitted a brand new gasket or cleaned the one that is there? if the leak from cup to lid persists after fitting a new gasket then I would suggest the cup or lid is out of shape in some way, this can be caused by dropping as I have also found out in the past!

The rubber rings on these guns can be quite fiddly to get in right, check for any twists or kinks, it has to be a perfectly snug fit.

Good luck, I found it a really nice gun to use when set up properly.

The gun has a suction cup .

There appears to be no washer/seal. The cup seems to form a seal on to a plastic disc..(maybe thats the washer ?) but definitely nothing like a rubber ring. I feel, according to exploded parts diagram for XPC gun that one should be there ? Please see diagram below

I may take it down to local garage later in the week and see if they can help !

Any help appreciated

I do not seem to have part no. 37 in diagram on page 6 or 19 here...http://www.fujispray.com/User%20Manual% ... 201411.pdf

Yes sorry I confused the gasket on the suction gun with the black rubber seal on the gravity gun.

So when you look at the inside of the lid on your gun, there should be a white gasket, try to remove it and clean thoroughly, if it is stuck hard then try running a knife blade around the edge, give it a good clean and put it back in place and try the gun then,

http://www.axminster.co.uk/fuji-gun-diaphragm-kit

This is the spares kit for the gun, well worth getting and should last a long time.

Drudgeon,

Thanks for reply.

I took unit to garage where they looked at it for me. Turns out needle is bent, and gun pretty caked with paint. Removed what we could but with no great success.

They recommend replacing gun, which I will do.

I don't want to spend Fuji money on a gun. If I get and alternative, (if that is possible) can I get it to fit in the Fuji hose fitting ?

Thanks for your time.

Well I know that the Fuji and appolo's use the same fitting, but apart from that I've no idea.

I would replace the needle and buy the spares kit, then strip the gun down every last part and soak in thinners for a night and then clean it all thoroughly, it will take a couple of hrs but should clean up pretty well. Can't believe only last week I skipped my old Fuji gun that wasn't in great nick but probably better than yours by the sound of it, I would have happily posted it up, sods bloody law!

I'll keep an eye on eBay for a replacement.

Drudgeon":2fbis6og said:
I would replace the needle and buy the spares kit, then strip the gun down every last part and soak in thinners for a night and then clean it all thoroughly, it will take a couple of hrs but should clean up pretty well. Can't believe only last week I skipped my old Fuji gun that wasn't in great nick but probably better than yours by the sound of it.

At £50 or so for the needle, £20 or so for spares kit, I may as well buy new gun !!!

Thanks anyway.

Back