Design Idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is scrolled isn't it?

"How are the puzzles made? Every piece of every puzzle is cut with my scroll saw and the finest, smallest, imported scroll saw blades available. I direct every move of the blade, inspect and clean each puzzle piece, and reassemble the puzzle when finished. I have very high standards. No puzzle leaves my studio unless it meets these standards of puzzle perfection. I want you to be delighted with your puzzle. "

Nope, definately no lasers or high tech Tom foolery here - lasers leave a nasty black edge and (unless lots of finishing has been done - and it looks unlikely) there would be a little scorching on the surface. I've had gears laser cut in the past with varying levels of success, but always with black edges.
I do like this as an idea though - something a little bit different, and in this case very well done!

There appears to be a few people offering these, but the core idea (jig saw where people write on a piece)
appears capable of wide interpretation, both in design and manufacture.

I thought it might appeal, either for production in quantity for profit, or as a
nice gift for friends.

BugBear

I tried a similar type of tree a few years ago but no interest was shown at the craft fairs. I think this idea first came to light in America where wedding trees are very popular. For me personally it would not be viable to make any of these as the people that come to my craft fairs would just not pay the amount of money it would warrant, however, for those who scroll for a hobby it would make a really nice gift for a couple getting married.

Years ago got a pattern for a huge apple free standing jigsaw that school kids used as a form or Teacher year book--- each student / Teacher would sign one of the pieces and plot their journey through the school.
In those days I attended loads of school fairs but never sold on. Reduced the size cut out of 1inch fir and now sell dozen or so a year

Mechanism Man":dip87ujj said:
Nope, definately no lasers or high tech Tom foolery here - lasers leave a nasty black edge and

You can't spot the difference between scroll saw work and quality finish laser cut work(only too perfect but you can simulate imperfections).
Every tree was cut on laser, only one is unclean.
140827798720e7csklejka.jpg

And cleaning process is easy, no manual work only special solvent.

fretwork_maze_photo2_by_dominikpierog-d8qarzf.jpg

Now I only work with hardwood on scroll saw, thin plywood cutting now is not economical.

Latest posts

Back