7/16" guide bush for a Freud/Casals FT2000VCE???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf Beharie

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just managed to get my hands on a lovely Leigh D4R Dovetail Jig but it requires that you use an 11.1mm (7/16") guide bush on your router with it...Problem is I have a Freud/Casals FT2000VCE which takes guide bushings with a flange diameter of 68mm. Leigh do a 703 adapter for the FT2000 but you need to use it in conjunction with another guide bush adapter, the 711...Both are expensive and it seems a messy solution. The only guide bush I currently have is the standard pressed steel 30mm one that came with the router and I am having real problems locating a 7/16" one...A bit of googling and I eventually found a forum where someone mentioned that Makita 36xx router series guide bushes fit the FT2000VCE perfectly, but I haven't been able to locate a 7/16" one of them either! Can anyone suggest a solution that doesn't involve having to buy one of those awful Trend Unibases?

I rushed out after work and bought a Trend Unibase (Just over £15, including 20% VAT) and the two Trend guide bushes I needed -7/16" and 5/8"- for just under £9 each, inc. VAT)...I am hating the Unibase already as believe it or not, even with all those umpteen different holes drilled in it, only TWO of them line up with a pair in the base of the FT2000VCE!..The two normally used to secure the Freud guide bushes!!

Not only that but the Unibase only comes with "old fashioned" slot head screws...Not Pozidrive crossheads, so they are harder to torque up and you do need to torque them up very tight as there are only two of them holding the Unibase onto the router!

This is why I wanted to avoid the Unibase route in the first place...I'm seriously considering taking the Unibase back now

...If I do, I'll keep the Trend guide bushes and make some sort of adapter plate up.

Back