cutting miniatures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nadnerb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Been cutting a lot of tractor related things lately, here are a few key rings .Cutting miniatures can be a bit tricky but they are great fun to cut once you get used to them. I use a sub table made from 6 mm ply with a 3 mm hole for the blade. Just for my own information I timed myself and found out it takes 7 minutes to cut out the simple ones and 16 mins for the ones with two woods, I was charging €5 each, looks like I will have to increase my prices!!
As always, any suggestions ,comments or criticisms are welcome
Regards
Brendan

Attachments

• tractor+key+rings.jpg
    tractor+key+rings.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 1,130
Hi Brendan,
Very nice designs and well cut--- I think they are worth more than the £3-55 the Euro's relate to.
I cut ""doggy key rings using off cuts of pine and mahogany very basic but sell well, I think the patterns are Fromm Steve Goode

John

Thanks John, I cut dog and cat key rings too , a great way of using up every scrap of wood!! if you would like the patterns for these send me a pm
Regards
Brendan

Thanks Brian
Horses for courses.. I would love to do intarsia like yours but I am too impatient , if something takes longer than an hour I throw it there and get Grumpy. Considering your disability you should be dam proud of your work, I have seen people selling at craft fairs and their stuff is pure tat compared to your work if you ever need lettering done give me a shout and I can cut it out and send it to you.
As for your missus, I think you have proved her wrong!! ( don't tell her I said that..)
Regards
Brendan

Claymore":1euwa4bn said:
My wife told me that I would struggle with woodworking for a hobby but i'm trying to prove her wrong and giving it a go.

Sounds like a smart woman, you've done some great work as a result of your 'struggles'.

I second the comments Brian, I have made 4 intarsia projects and live them, also know the effort it takes so I think your work is great. I can't say my cutting is accurate enough for good lettering yet but maybe I, or someone else could team up with you and cut the lettering you need for the Suzuki project?

Back